Al Akhawayn University, in partnership with Hassan Firt University in Oujda , CITI Association and the Moroccan Education and Resource Network (MEARN), and with the participation of the Center for Learning Technologies (CLT), organized the 5th edition of ICT in Education study days under the theme: “Digital competencies and Pedagogical innovations”
11-13 May 2018 at Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane.
ICT days , 5th edition Photos :
For several years, the development of ICTs has reached all the layers that make up our societies. Education and training systems are not an exception and are nowadays facing new challenges and demands. Those latters relate specifically to the fundamentally essential skills that learners and teachers need to develop in order to respond to the society of knowledge.
However, it would be misleading to consider that digital technologies are the only responsible and source of the switchover we are currently seeing. The origins of this laie more to look for on the side of pedagogy. That latter, carrying new ways of teaching, learning and working is considered a key area of innovation ensuring the development of the well-being of learners and the quality of learning. Digital technologies, thus appear as a means making possible the implementation and the culmination of this educational innovation.
In the last UNESCO report of 2017, it has been decided to measure the “proportion of young people and adults with computer and communication skills by type of competencies” and to use it as an indicator of progress in achieving the fourth goal of sustainable development. To achieve this target, it is imperative to delineate the relevant digital competencies in local and global contexts, then integrate them into the curriculum as well as assessing them in a coherent way through formal and informal training and capacity-building initiatives. In this context, this year’s 5th edition of the conference “ICT Days”, the ICT-in-education community is invited to debate these issues and come up with a preliminary proposal for a national referential framework for digital competencies in Morocco. The event is resolutely multi-disciplinary, interactive, exploratory and open to all those interested.
The event targets researchers, teachers, students and anyone interested in pedagogical innovation and digital competencies. This meeting will also be an opportunity to discover innovative educational possibilities using ICTs in order to improve teaching and to develop learner’s autonomy, collaboration and peer exchange.
The main subjects to be debated in this year’s conference are:
- Regional and national initiatives seeking to define and integrate digital competencies;
- Development of digital competencies that can lead to innovative pedagogical practices;
- Approaches to developing digital competencies in education and training systems;
- Referential frameworks for digital competencies in education and training;
- Pedagogical innovation, a lever for developing digital competencies;
- Digital competencies, lever of innovative pedagogical practices;
- Framework for pedagogical innovation in the digital age;
- Innovative approaches and good practices to support digital competencies development;
- Digital competencies and e-learning (MOOC, flipped classroom, …);
- Digital competencies and assessment practices.